Here’s a big old pile of stuff for sale. Prices do not include postage. Some prices are negotiable, especially if you’re buying multiple things. I can deliver larger items in (roughly speaking) West Sussex, Hampshire, Surrey and Central London if required. I can normally get to the post office on Mondays.
I prefer Paypal for smaller items and bank transfer or cash for the larger ones.
You can get hold of me via beyondthekerb AT gmail DOT com.
I haven’t taken photos of everything; I can take more on request if required, just ask.
Frames and forks
- Cube Touring RF frame 62cm £100. (Photos.) Built up but never used, hence as new. Graphite grey with lime green details. 71 degree head angle, 73 degree seat angle, 62cm effective top tube. Has post-mount disc fitting on the chainstay (no canti bosses) and has fittings for mudguards, racks and kickstand, plus internal routing for a dynamo wire. Will additionally be supplied with FSA headset, cable guides, USE shim for 27.2mm seatpost, BBB seatclamp.
- On-One Inbred 18″ Sliding Dropout £100. Sought-after sliding dropout version for geared or singlespeed use. Disc compatible, with removable canti mounts (supplied). Used but good condition. Will be additionally supplied with FSA headset and On-One quick release seatclamp. Can be built up using a number of parts listed below.
- Bike Nashbar steel road fork £30. Straight, tapered blades, lugged crown, chrome finish. Mudguard eyelets. 370mm axle to crown. For caliper brake. 1 1/8″ steerer, uncut at 300mm long (possibly longer; can check).
- On-One steel disc fork £40. New and unused, long uncut steerer, no star nut fitted but can supply one. Matte black, 440mm axle-crown. Disc only. Suits the Inbred frame perfectly.
- Salsa La Cruz disc fork £65. Built up but never used, 300mm uncut steerer, no star nut fitted but can supply one. Gloss black, disc only, will take a mudguard. 395mm axle-crown. Will suit the Cube frame (though isn’t an ideal aesthetic match).
Wheels, rims and tyres
- Mavic X317 26″ red rims on silver XTR M910 hubs, silver DT Competition spokes £90. Ideal for a retro build. Light use only, 200 miles tops. 32h front, 36h rear, built 3-cross.
- Sun Inferno 31 26″ black rims 32h on black XT M756 (6-bolt) hubs, black DT Competition spokes £90. Wide-profile rim but not heavy, ideal for all-round use. Nearly new, used for around 30 dry miles.
- Continental Cyclocross Race 700×35 £12. Folding bead. Like new: used for about 40km. One only.
- Continental Crossride 700×42 £30 (pair). Folding bead. Like new: used for about 40km. Pair.
- Continental Grand Prix 4000S Reflex 700×25 £25 (pair). Used but plenty of life left.
- Ridgeback aluminium rims £8 a pair or £12 for four. Single wall, non-eyeleted, 32h, 26″. Basic rims but ideal for a cheap build. Four available.
- Shimano 105 5600 HT2 chainset £35. Used but in good condition. Silver, 175mm arms, 39/53 rings. £38 with BB (see below).
- Shimano Tiagra HT2 chainset £30. Used but in good condition. Silver, 175mm arms, 39/52 rings. £35 with BB (see below).
- SRAM Rival OCT chainset and GXP bottom bracket £60. Used for two dry rides hence excellent condition. Black, 175mm arms, 39/53 rings. For BSA (threaded) bottom bracket shells.
- Shimano 105 5600 HT2 bottom bracket £6. Used but good condition, no roughness.
- Shimano Tiagra HT2 bottom bracket £6. Used but good condition, no roughness.
- Shimano Sora 3-speed front shifter for flat bars £5. Little or no use, excellent condition.
- SRAM X4 rear mech £5. Used condition.
- Shimano Deore M530 cranks £10. Octalink, black, 175mm. Some wear from heel rub but perfectly functional.
- Shimano Octalink bottom bracket £5. 122mm E-type. Fitted but unridden.
- MRP chain guide £5. Bottom bracket mounting, white cage, adjustable height.
I also have a bunch of front mechs for 28.6mm seat tubes (Shimano and Suntour, including a new and unused XC Pro Microdrive).
Brakes and brake parts
- Ashima IS caliper adapter (new and unused) £5. Rear 180mm, black.
- Suntour SE self-energising cantilever brake, rear (new and unused) £10. Ideal for a touring bike.
I think I also have a pile of other caliper adapters and some cable brakes (Shimano and/or Avid). Bear with me.
- Salsa Lip Lock seatclamp £10. New and unused, gold, 30mm.
- Planet X seatpost £12. Silver, 27.2mm, 400mm.
- Pro PLT 140mm stem £20. 31.8mm clamp, for 1 1/8″ steerer. Ice grey. Little use hence excellent condition.
- Bontrager Race 4130 quill stem £5. Black, some scuffs from storage. For 1 1/8″ steerer.
- SKS P35 mudguards £17. New and unused. Black, for 700c wheels; suit tyres up to 25mm, maybe 28 at a push. Delivery only: too large to post economically.
- Radial Avert Pro 30mm mudguards £15. New and unused. Black, for 700c wheels; suit 23mm tyres, 25mm at a push. Delivery only: too large to post economically.
- Salsa Lip Lock 31.8mm £10. New and unused. Gold.
- Pedals and toe clips £10. New and unused. Plastic body, blue anodised cages.
- 3T THE stem 12cm for 26.0 bars £5. Black, used but good condition.
- 3T THE stem 13.5cm for 26.0 bars £5. Black, used but good condition.
- Halfords child trailer £50. Single seat version. Light use, good condition. Fairly basic trailer, but great for occasional use and folds down nice and flat. Fits pretty much any bike with a normal quick release or nutted rear axle.
- Balance buddy training handle £10. Suitable for most first pedal bikes with nutted rear axle. Handle (adjustable height) can be fitted and removed with a spanner so you can provide support without being bent double. Gets great reviews online but our daughter doesn’t seem to get on with it so it’s practically unused.
- Busch & Müller Topline Plus rear light (new and unused) £15. Rack mounting, for dynamo.
- Minoura Le Korde camera mount, 28-35mm (new and unused) £10.
- Kemo M172 USB charger £10. For use with dynamo systems.
- Pearl Izumi Amfib tights (new and unused), size XL. £40. (Photo.) Fleece-lined, windproof and water resistant (more info). Worn once, mint condition. Beautifully warm and effective but the waist/thigh is too big for me; I’m guessing a ~40″ waist ought to do it maybe?
- Agu XXXL winter Roubaix tights £10. I’m a 36″ inside leg and these are too big for me, you’ll want to be a couple of inches longer in the leg for a great fit.
- Shutt VR bib short XXL £10. Tried on but not used.
- Gore Contest Thermo jersey, long sleeve, orange £20. Brand new with tags, slight shop soiling on the bottom hem. Bright orange with small reflective details on arms and rear pockets.
- Dirt Monkey short-sleeved top, size M. £5. (Photo.) Zipped pocket at rear.
- Nalini waist short. Size TBC. £5. (Photo.) Worn only a few times.
- Prorace waist short. Size TBC. £5. (Photo.) Worn only a few times.
- Karrimor fleece gilet, size M. £5. (Photo.) With windproof lining on front.
- Castelli Squadra jacket in fluoro yellow, size XL. £10. (Photo.) Scorpion decal on chest has gone Awol.
- Specialized long-sleeve jersey. £12. (Photo.) Three open pockets at rear.
- Crane short-sleeve jersey, unworn. £10. (Photo.) Zipped pocket at rear.
- Northwave Blade windproof jersey (new and unused), size XL. £35. (Photo.) Zipped pocket at rear. Windproof front of body and arms, unlined. Copes with quite a range of weathers whether on its own or as a top layer: this is actually my second one which I bought before they discontinued it, but I don’t really need two.
- Cannondale Pack Me windproof jacket (new and unused). £25. (Photo.) Very nice pocketable windproof soft-shell but sadly the forearms are too tight on me. Dark blue with green details.
- Lab Gear base layer. £10. (Photo.) Black and olive.
- B-Spoked windproof/waterproof cap (new and unused). £10. (Photo.) Black with multicolour stripe detail.
- Altura soft shell jacket. £20. (Photo.) Windproof front and fleece lined. A little portly for me. Only worn once or twice, though the logo now says “Tura”.
- Oakley custom M-Frames. Not sure yet that I want to sell these, but having recently bought some photochromic prescription glasses they’re theoretically surplus to requirements. I just like them too much. Frames are gloss black with white “O” and are in excellent condition. Lenses are all Heaters: Red Fire Iridium (mint), VR28 (very good), 2x Persimmon (one good, one new and unused), Yellow Iridium (mint), Clear (very good). Those lenses will cover you for any conditions. Price to be negotiated.
- Nokia Lumia 1020 with camera grip £95. Used for a few months (was insurance replacement for another one which I broke and later repaired). Black, 64GB version. Outstanding 41MP camera with large 1/1.5″ sensor (the photos in the articles here, here and here were all taken with a 1020). Unlocked, ie works on any network, although it has an O2 splash screen on startup (but no branding beyond that). Comes with additional black hardshell case and original charger.
- Asus Transformer TF701T £95. Android tablet/laptop convertible. 2560×1600 screen (299dpi). 32GB with additional MicroSD slot, SD slot and USB port, making for tons of storage. Comes boxed with original charger and Asus multi-position case. Low price due to two issues: firstly the auxiliary battery in the keyboard dock does not supply charge (the tablet battery works fine and gives aomething like 10 hours of life, and charging works via the dock) and secondly the screen has a glitch which causes interference for the fist minute or so while it warms up, then it seems to be fine.
- Jawbone Up24 fitness band £20. Persimmon, large. Used for two months. Band and charging adapter.
- Pencil by 53 £20. Stylus for iPad. Boxed, mint condition.
- Garmin Forerunner 305 watch £20. With charging dock.
- Motorola bluetooth keyboard £10. Works with iOS and Android (possibly also with other OSs, I’ve not tried). Black, thin, pretty portable. Takes 2x AA batteries.
- 2x 1GB RAM £5 (pair). DDR3L 1600 SODIMM. Taken from a Thinkpad X200s but fits other machines. Check the memory finder on the Crucial website.